Thursday, January 19, 2012

Teething

Teething bites.

Charlie did not want to play yesterday, he just wanted to be held.  I walked the entire satellite dish walk with him in the Ergo carrier, I didn't even attempt to put him in his stroller.  He slept during the whole walk.  When I got home he took a couple of 30 minute naps but in between those times I held him and bounced him.  How is he ever going to develop if I just hold him all day?  I was so tired from the dish walk but he needed a distraction so we went for a bike ride.


It was cold (mid fifties) and he was solemn but he enjoyed the entire ride.

Dad came home on time last night to help.  He gave him a bath and Charlie was happy until he managed to lunge out of his elevated baby tub and hit his head on the bath faucet.  He was crying and he still had shampoo in so dad dumped a pitcher of water over his head to get it off quickly and get him out of the tub.  Poor Charlie was so upset.

Today is much of the same.  Lots of holding and bouncing and fussing and short naps.  When will this tooth come in?  I need a breather!

2 comments:

  1. I thought of you last night between the hours of 3 and 5:00, when AB was up and inconsolable. I've got nothing to say except teething blows serious CHUNKS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teething does bite. So, so hard. Your stories of Charlie remind me so much of Jack. And now Jack is my easy child. I wish I blogged back then so you could read my misery to know you are not alone. This too shall pass.....(I remember people telling me that all the time with Jack...and all I wanted to do was punch them in the face...you can punch me next time we see each other)

    ReplyDelete