Wednesday, January 11, 2012

No Naps

Seriously?  You're awake already (this is a photo of the baby monitor)?



How do you get a baby to nap that will not nap?  Today he has been awake since 7am and he's slept a total of 50 minutes and it's 3:20pm.

By 5pm most days he's so wired and so tired that he has a super early bedtime.  Last night he went to bed at 5:40pm!  Daddy usually doesn't make it home in time to see him.  The sleep books all say that a good bedtime for his age is around 7:30 pm.

I would love it if he would nap like the sleep books say.  On a schedule, lasting about one and a half to two hours each.  Is this too much to ask?

I can remember the number of times that Charlie has taken a long nap during the day because they are so few and far between.  I'd say he has slept longer than 3 hours in a row during the day less than 5 times in his life.

These days, his naps last about 45 minutes and he takes three or four a day.  

Charlie is a pretty good night sleeper (besides his sleep regression that lasted about 6 weeks where I should have been committed).  He's not sleeping through the night but at least he sleeps a solid 7 or so hours in a row (like Kim says, people who have babies that sleep twelve hours before they're one year old can s*ck it)!

What's the secret to napping?  

1 comment:

  1. I don't know of any secrets, but I will say that my pediatrician says that it's rare kids are great daytime AND nighttime sleepers. I'll take nights over days any time! So... enjoy your nighttime sleep and hope that Charlie sorts out the naps soon.

    ReplyDelete