Friday, January 13, 2012

Forever Friends

I miss my friends.  They live far, far away.  I like who I am when I'm with them but our visits are few and far between.

I need to make new friends however I have never had to try so I'm terrified to put myself out there.  I'm not joking about being afraid.  This is hard for me.

I try to do something social with other moms once or twice a week so that someday I'll have some friends in this new town.

On Tuesday, as I mentioned, I went to baby sign language class with six other moms.  The experience was a success.  I made it in time, Charlie was happy, I was not dressed like a crazy person, and I didn't say anything to alarm anyone.

Today I had breakfast with my friend, Carrie and that was really fun.  She's a new friend that is quirky and smart and fun and I feel like I can say whatever I want.  Phew, that's one down.

At least I have a baby that adores me that I get to talk to all day long.

3 comments:

  1. Awwww! We live TOO CLOSE not to hang out. It's ridiculous. Let's make that happen. SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hold up (you crack me up). I think it is selfish that you are denying other people your friendship. You are the funniest person I know and one of my favorites to hang out with. Everyone should get to have that. Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know EXACTLY how you feel, and I do the same thing when confronted with new friends and play dates. Old friends are the best, and no matter how busy you keep yourself as a stay at home mom, there's nothing like the comfort of the people who you can convince that the dodo bird still exists. ("I didn't say anything to alarm anyone"- best line ever.)

    ReplyDelete