Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Sleep, Eat, Fuss

(P.S. (pre-script)... I was in Big Sky, Montana last week and I want to write about it and post photos but I haven't yet)

Today was intense.  Charlie woke up at 3:30 am and didn't go back to sleep.  He usually sleeps till 7.

He spent most of the day screaming and banging and biting and pinching and barfing and pooping and there was snot coming out of his nose.  He was not happy.

I think I'm feeding him too much.  Can a baby overeat?  Or maybe he was just tired?  Or maybe he's getting a cold?  I think it's the overeating thing or his tummy is still maturing.

I'm adding an excerpt of today's activity that I wrote into my food journal so I can document how clueless I am right now in figuring out how to feed a baby.  Don't read it, it's boring.

My daily log (written each day in a spiral notebook) says the following:

3:30am wake up and nurse (9 hours of sleep, not enough)
5am nap (1 hour)
6am nurse (please go back to sleep now, I'm tired)
7am banana and avocado (from a mesh feeder)
8:30am nap (45 minutes)
9:30am 1 oz. peas, 4 oz. formula
10:30am nap (45 minutes)
12:30pm 4oz. formula
1:30pm nap (45 minutes)
3:30pm cereal and sweet potatoes
4:30pm SOS to Scott, lots of screaming, lots of grunting, some barfing, some coughing, definitely pain.
5:30pm 8 oz. formula
6pm ASLEEP!!!!!!

Why are babies so INTENSE?

On a side note, Charlie peed on his own face three times today then laughed hysterically when I reacted.

Here's a photo from our bike ride today.  I had to take him out of the seat and set him onto the sidewalk while I put the chain back on the bike.


I love him all day long but I especially love the peaceful moments.

3 comments:

  1. Poor Sums!

    On a side note....Can't stop laughing!

    What is going on with that little man?? LOL.

    Tomorrow will be better! I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow-- I should have called you this afternoon during my 'Please nap for the love of God' meltdown. Amen to those peaceful moments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh honey, he'll figure it out. Those days SUCK though. I'm so sorry! Good thing those babies are so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete