Tuesday, January 10, 2012

6 months old!

Charlie is 6 months old and at his check up yesterday he weighed 19 pounds 5 ounces!  He's in the 85th percentile for weight.  His head is in the 98th percentile (thanks to his daddy).



Today I put him in a Carter's 9 month sweatshirt and it's too tight on his little tummy.    It's a brand new sweatshirt and it's so cute and it is part of a set.  It's also too tight in the shoulders.  He's so big for his age!  I can't believe that I have managed to keep this big baby fed for the last 6 months.

Today we had our first sign language class together.  There are 6 other moms and babies in the class.  I hope I stick with this class because I think it will be a good challenge for my mushy brain.  In class Charlie was his typical loud self.  He just wouldn't stop talking no matter what I tried.  I finally just sat him back down to continue playing with his toys and experimenting with his voice.  At least I thought it was cute.

He seems to really like attention from people and when he gets it he smiles or laughs and it reminds me of his cousin, Stella.  I hope that he becomes outgoing like her.  I will encourage it in every way that  I can!

Charlie is rolling over, sitting up, eating (so far bananas, avocados, pears, apples, peas, and rice cereal), babbling, grabbing, holding, laughing, and he has two bottom teeth!  I'm trying to put him down more often but his favorite place to be is in our arms.  He can entertain himself for about 15 minutes at a time.  When we first got the exersaucer he actually played in it for 40 minutes at one time but it's not holding his attention for that long anymore.  I'm trying to get him to like the door jumper but he just doesn't like it.  I really want to see him like the jumper!




My favorite thing that he does is when he looks up at me and touches my face.  It's so sweet to see his baby hands reach up while his eyes study my face.  He is so focused and so trusting and so loving when he does this.



My second favorite thing he does is when he grabs both feet while lying on his back (he is 4 months here when he first started grabbing his feet).



My third favorite is when he grasps both hands together while sitting up.  He looks like a sweet little angel.

Charlie takes a bath every night.  He spends most of the time splashing.  I am drenched by the time bath time is over.



When we put him on his back on the changing table he bicycles his legs really fast and his arms go up and down like a penguin.  Changing his diaper or his clothes is a really tough task.  It's amazing how fast he does the bicycle penguin thing.  Do other babies do this?  He never sits still.  When he does sit still I go into alarm thinking something is wrong.  I also try to trim his nails (is there anything harder in life than trimming a baby's nails (oh yeah, changing the sheets in a crib, that is harder)).

Right now he's my little baby and I am his whole world (most of the time).  We spend a lot of time at home right now, on the floor, playing with toys that make noises, singing along to baby songs, and not getting much done otherwise.  I am very lucky that I get to spend my days with him as I know these moments are fleeting.  I am already sad when I see old photos like this one (5 weeks old).


Happy half birthday baby Charlie!  I love you so much!

3 comments:

  1. Awwww 6 months! Charlie you are ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used baby sign with Mase and it was AWESOME. We used "milk", "more", "all done" all the time. I can't believe Charlie is already 6 months, what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) He is huge! Anna is 20 pounds! I can't believe how much he's changed since I saw him.

    ReplyDelete