Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Years

Happy New Years!  It's 8:57 and I'm in bed.  Last night Charlie had five wake ups.  I think he had an upset stomach from the introduction of sweet potatoes.  We all woke up feeling exhausted and crazy.  Rather than feel sorry for ourselves at home we got in the car and spent the day in San Francisco.  Charlie slept every time we were driving, awesome.  We ate lunch at Betelnut and visited two parties before they started.  We drove home, got pizza for take out, put Charlie to bed then ate dinner, had a glass of champagne, and watched some of the Karate Kid.  Scott is still out there watching and I can hear him laughing.  He laughs out loud often, even in his sleep.

Here's a photo of Charlie in the car today.  He fell asleep drinking a bottle and he has a rash due to his fair sensitive skin, like mommy. He also has vaseline on his cheeks.  Not the best photo of him but every time he's asleep I have to take a photo because I need a reminder that sometimes he sleeps.

3 comments:

  1. He's adorable. I'm jealous you're already in Bed. You'll be thankful in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little guy, and poor Momma. I have to agree with Charlie- sweet potatoes are gross.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you guys got to get out... even after a rough night, and I am also very jealous that you are in bed already!! He is adorable, red cheeks and all. That happens to Ella a lot (when she wipes her runny nose across her face... awesome). We use Aquafore (sp?) and it works great!

    ReplyDelete